Monday, January 27, 2014

Resolutions from Fantasy Creatures

New Year, New Resolutions! And we're not just talking about people. Creatures have their own resolutions, and we here at the Enchanted Inkpot have taken the opportunity to interview some of these creatures and find out what their New Year's Resolutions really are! So sit, back, relax, and prepare to be entertained!

*****

Creature interviews c/o Dawn Metcalf...

"I resolve to only eat people who are very, very bad. Or taste like chicken." - Werewolf
"I resolve to cut down to only 3 pints a day." - vampire (or) "Go vegetarian."
"No more switching babies." - bad fairies
"Lose 1000 lbs." - giant
"Just keep swimming!" - Loch Ness Monster
"Kick the salt water habit." - mermaid
"Find that one, perfect someone that completes me." - Frankenstein's monster
"Stop falling to pieces at every little thing." - zombie
"I will help out more around the house." - the 7 dwarves
"Be nicer to the downstairs neighbors." - ghost
"Give to charity." - dragon
"Call Grandma more often." - Red Riding Hood
"Let my hair down." - Rapunzel
"Not be afraid to introduce myself." - Rumpelstilskin
"Wake up early every day and exercise." - Sleeping Beauty/Aurora/Briar Rose
"I resolve this year to be more perfect than I already am!" - Prince Charming


Creature interviews c/o Anne Nesbet...
"I will stop poking at things with my horn unless I KNOW they are non-staining." --youthful unicorn


Creature interviews c/o Lena Goldfinch...
"To become more visible...and lose weight." -The Invisible Man


Creature interviews c/o Keely Parrack...
To do no evil and fly faster in case mischief accidentally occurs - faerie in training

Creature interview c/o Mike Jung...
I resolve to stop drowning, gutting, and eating anyone who calls me a "hippogriff." - Hippocampus


Creature interviews c/o Ronald Smith...
“I will try not to drag my feet so much.” - Zombie
“I will stop obsessing over my hair so much in the mornings.” - Urban faerie


Creature interview c/o Miriam Forster...
This year I'm going to put a warning sign up so I can practice my voice lessons in peace. --siren


Creature interview c/o Lisa Gail Green...
"This year I'm going to give myself three wishes, starting with a bigger lamp."  - Genie


Creature interview c/o Hilari Bell...
I'm going to stop hiding my valuables in weird places and get a bank account.  Maybe invest in bitcoins?  --Leprechaun


Creature interview c/o Ellen Booraem...
I am going to go out for cheerleading. Maybe join the glee club. –Dementor


Creature interview c/o Jen Nielsen...
“To find a project (for once) that I can’t sink my teeth into!” - Vampire


Creature interview c/o Erin Cashman...
I resolve to look where I'm walking and sitting, so that I stop accidentally squishing people to death -- Troll

*****



P. J. Hoover is the author of the dystopia/mythology YA book, SOLSTICE (Tor Teen, June 2013), the upcoming Egyptian mythology MG book, TUT (Tor Children's, September 2014), and the middle-grade SFF series, THE FORGOTTEN WORLDS BOOKS (CBAY, 2008-2010). You can read more about her and her books on P. J.'s website or blog.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for a post that really made me giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved these! Shared them with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! Thank you for the chuckles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be careful with any information you should share on the Internet. You can't be sure how it's used later, so make sure you watch out. satta king

    satta Matka

    satta Matka

    ReplyDelete

Have your say...